One half of my two person household has a serious case of pumpkin fatigue. I’ll give you a hint. The person in question with pumpkin fatigue is most definitely not me. I was mad to find today at lunch time that I had ran out of pumpkin puree and had already been to the grocery store.
Granted, now I had at one point this September had enough cans of pumpkin to carry me through a zombie apocalypse. Or at least last me most of September and October without needing to buy more. I guess my hubs has good reason to be pumpkined out.
So when we ran out of my last pumpkin creation- this awesome salted caramel pumpkin cheesecake- I asked him what he wanted me to make for dessert. He screeched, “NO MORE PUMPKIN!” and flung himself on the floor like a two year old have a serious tantrum.
Just kidding. Actually, he had one of his genius moments and said, “You know what would be awesome? That chocolate cheesecake you made a few weeks ago and your brownies. In ONE! With no trace of pumpkin anywhere near it.”
My hubs’s overall awesomeness is more than random chocolate strokes of genius. All in all, he is a pretty amazing man who is extremely tolerant of me and all my pumpkin lovin’, Hallmark Christmas movie watchin’, Home Alone and Elf quotin’ ways. I put aside my pumpkin frenzy and made this for him.
Sometimes his genius shocks me. This brownie bottom cheesecake is pretty darn delicious. It’s so decadent and chocolatey. And the brownie bottom doesn’t have flour in it (gluten free for me!) so the brownies are super fudgy. Plus, there are three kinds of chocolate in both the brownie part and the cheesecake part. Really, how can you argue with that?
This dessert is definitely worth the break from pumpkin and it’s a great alternative this holiday season for those oddballs like my hubs who only have a limited tolerance for pumpkin EVERYTHING. This just may make an appearance on Christmas or Thanksgiving table.
Triple Chocolate Flourless Brownie Bottom Cheesecake
For the brownie bottom:
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil (you can substitute butter or canola oil- I like the sweetness of coconut oil here though. This is the coconut oil I like and use.)
- 3/4 cup of milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
For the cheesecake:
- 2/3 cup of mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup of fat free ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup of dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup of milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of honey
How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom of a pie tin with a bit of coconut oil.
- Combine the first 5 brownie ingredients in a large bowl. Mix with a hand mixer until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Combine 3/4 cup of milk chocolate chips with 3/4 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Melt the chips by microwaving on low and stirring every 20 seconds until the chocolate is melted. Do not overcook the chips!
- Pour the melted chocolate into the existing brownie batter stirring the batter as your pour. Once incorporated, pour the brownie batter into the prepared pie dish and bake for 15 minutes at 350.
- Once it has been 15 minutes, remove the pie plate from the oven and set aside to cool while you make the cheesecake part. The brownies will be very underdone at this point, but that’s ok. Reduce the oven heat to 325.
- Combine the 1/3 cup of milk chocolate chips and the 1/3 cup of semisweet chocolate chips and melt them in the oven using the technique described above.
- Once chocolate is melted, combine the mascarpone, ricotta, egg, egg yolk, vanilla, cocoa powder, honey and melted chocolate in a large bowl and beat with a hand held mixer until smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake filling onto the partially baked brownie bottom. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 40-50 minutes or until the center of the cheesecake springs back when touched.
Other Chocolatey Recipes You May Like:
Subscribe to my blog!
Tagged: cheesecake, chocolate, chocolate cheesecake, Flourless brownie bottom chocolate cheesecake, flourless brownies, gluten free brownies, gluten free dessert, gluten free dessert recipe, gluten free recipe